Sunday, January 20, 2008

All Grow'd Up

At about 11:15pm tonight, a few of us decided to call up AVIS and rent a fabulous minivan and spend all day tomorrow tooling around Mexico. I feel like such a grown-up! It's like that moment in college when you're sitting in front of the TV with your feet propped up on the coffee table, a spoonful of Lucky Charms in one hand, a corn dog in the other, and you realize there is no one telling you to go to bed. Such liberation. Although perhaps while I was getting hyped up on sugar and watching late-night reruns of the Simpsons, all the cool kids were rebelling and heading to the border in stolen cars. Guess I might be a late bloomer. Regardless, Tijuana, here I come!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so frickin' glad that I was in that same living room and am gettin' drug right along into the TJ liberation with you! Viva Mexico!! Should we buy your mother-in-law those drugs she was asking about?

blewis said...

Yes, it is the true mark of maturity and adulthood to pile into a minivan for a wild time in Tijuana!

Wish I could come...

Nathan Colgate said...

Oh, Fernando! What have to done to my head?!

Dorothy said...

The closest thing to a foreign country we have is Eastern Kentucky and with that...I'm not sure anyone would want to go there. You might not come back alive.

Beth said...

That sounds great! I would love to visit Mexico! Enjoy TJ and I expect a killer blog with some pics soon!!

Lori said...

I can't wait to hear of your adventures!

kjl said...

So are we to assume that you were abducted in Tijuana since your blog abruptly stopped after that post? :)