Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eating for 1.5

Much to my chagrin, all the pregnancy books refute the common notion that a pregnant woman is "eating for two."  They, in fact, suggest that a woman increase her daily caloric intake by a mere 300 calories to compensate for the hungry, hungry child growing within her belly.  

After my husband returned last night from a late-night grocery store run to buy me a box of vegetarian corndogs (yes, I am that stereo-typical, funny food-craving pregnant woman), I did a quick calculation.  If each corndog has 150 calories, then I can should eat 2 a day until my little wonder is born in order to give him the adequate nutrition he needs.  

That computes, right?  

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes it does!
Mmm...corn dogs...

Lori said...

Absolutely! Of course, you might want to save a bit of room for ice cream. :)

Anonymous said...

Dude... I LOVE corn dogs...
You should continue to blog about any bizarre cravings... I always find that fascinating.

Beth said...

I don't think this has been said on your blog yet, so, CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!!! We are so excited for you, whether you eat 1-10 extra corn dogs per day. Yeah!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Congrats!!! :)

And I think you are totally justified eating as many corn dogs as you want...I mean, how many times do you get to be pregnant?? I have done it twice and think I am done...I should have taken better advantage of the pregnancies, so learn from my mistakes! :)

lola said...

so you think it's a boy, eh? just wait until you're breastfeeding and you need an extra 500 calories!