Thursday, February 08, 2007

Spring Has Sprung Too Soon



Today I seriously considered turning on the airconditioner. Last week it was still a little chilly. This week it's not. It won't be chilly again for another 9 months. Blimey! For the last couple of months I've been kicking myself for not bringing more long sleeved shirts with me to Hong Kong. Guess I can let those bruises heal now. Today I'm bringing out the flip flops (those that haven't molded during their 2 month hibernation..more to follow on that in a future post) and packing up the winter blankets.

Those of you who know me know that I don't like hot weather. In fact I've diagnosed myself with a sun allergy. I love dark, rainy days. I would prefer to live in a cold, clammy cave in Copenhagen. (Ooh, I like the alliteration of that!) In the states there's always a hope for more winter every year come Groundhog's Day. Since it's much more likely that Hong Kong's proverbial groundhog was made into soup in lieu of seeing it's shadow, good-bye Winter and hello Summer. I think I have a long 9 months ahead of me.



PS These pictures are from early January when I came across a tree that resembled Fall leaves in Kansas. I got pretty excited. Notice the scarf and down vest? Gotta love 'em. (Ignore the short sleeves, please.)

3 comments:

blewis said...

current temp in Philly: 20, but it is 1AM...

Laura said...

Yeah, it's currently a balmy 18 in STL.

The Tilted Tulip said...

I know, I know, I shouldn't complain about the weather here. Right now it's amazing weather and I should enjoy it while it lasts. It's the exhausting heat to come that's gonna do me in.