Thursday, February 08, 2007

Spring Has Sprung Too Soon



Today I seriously considered turning on the airconditioner. Last week it was still a little chilly. This week it's not. It won't be chilly again for another 9 months. Blimey! For the last couple of months I've been kicking myself for not bringing more long sleeved shirts with me to Hong Kong. Guess I can let those bruises heal now. Today I'm bringing out the flip flops (those that haven't molded during their 2 month hibernation..more to follow on that in a future post) and packing up the winter blankets.

Those of you who know me know that I don't like hot weather. In fact I've diagnosed myself with a sun allergy. I love dark, rainy days. I would prefer to live in a cold, clammy cave in Copenhagen. (Ooh, I like the alliteration of that!) In the states there's always a hope for more winter every year come Groundhog's Day. Since it's much more likely that Hong Kong's proverbial groundhog was made into soup in lieu of seeing it's shadow, good-bye Winter and hello Summer. I think I have a long 9 months ahead of me.



PS These pictures are from early January when I came across a tree that resembled Fall leaves in Kansas. I got pretty excited. Notice the scarf and down vest? Gotta love 'em. (Ignore the short sleeves, please.)

4 comments:

Bradley said...

current temp in Philly: 20, but it is 1AM...

LauraLunch said...

Yeah, it's currently a balmy 18 in STL.

kuhnberry said...

Jack Frost has had enough of the food in Hong Kong. They fed him the groundhog and he beat it out of there!

Crabby Rangoon said...

I know, I know, I shouldn't complain about the weather here. Right now it's amazing weather and I should enjoy it while it lasts. It's the exhausting heat to come that's gonna do me in.